Fyrecon, a 501c3 Non-Profit, is looking for 10-20 volunteers to help with the on-site needs of the conference. The conference will be held June 8-10, 2017 at Weber State University Davis Campus in Layton, UT and is sponsored by WSU’s College of Engineering, Applied Science & Technology (EAST). Fyrecon provides art and writing courses on science fiction and fantasy creation at an affordable price for students and the public. With over 80 artists and authors volunteering to teach classes our staffing needs are rounded out with volunteers.
Duties for the volunteers include:
- Escorting guests and assisting with needs
- Counting the attendance and facilitating that the classes end on time
- Monitoring the conference for problems and reporting through the appropriate channels
- Assisting attendees of the conference
- Various other assignments as they arise
Volunteers who work a prerequisite number of hours during the conference will have their general membership comped.